Sunday, March 3, 2013

Waiting For Spring


Waiting is never easy. Good news or bad news, life or death, the emotions that we go through while we wait can take their toll. What makes waiting so hard is that we have to give up control of the situation...and this is where faith comes in. God's word says to "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" Philippians 4:6. Is it easy? No...but certainly worth trying. As women, we want to fix everything ourselves, heal the wounds, make everything all right and many times we can't. We become weary, stressed, moody and overwhelmed. Take comfort in knowing that we can rest in him. 
    
Yes, my soul, find rest in God; 
my hope comes from him.
Truly, he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
Pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

Is there something that you are waiting for? Take comfort in knowing there is a place, a quiet place to wait, and rest in his everlasting arms.



No comments:

Post a Comment